Maritime, Logistics & Intermodal Operations Training & Port Logistics and Supply Chain Courses in Spain
Established in 2006, Escola Europea - Intermodal Transport is a European training center for education and training in Intermodal and logistics. The Escola promotes sustainable logistics in Europe through innovative courses. The courses, depending on their length and the contents, count towards the European Credit Transfer Systems (ECTS).
The Escola training is centered around the Mediterranean, the Ports of Barcelona, Rome and Lazio, and Genoa. The courses on board of a Ro-Pax vessel on a crossing between two main ports in the Mediterranean along some of Europe’s main short sea shipping routes or on board of a train help the participants experience the operations first-hand.
The Escola Europea - Intermodal Transport partners with the ports and shipping lines and have access their facilities for the training. The courses are conducted January to July and September to December.
Intermodal Logistics Programs
- MOST (Motorways Of the Sea Training) Operations / Management: MOST courses take place on board of a Ro-Pax vessel on a three-day or four-day short sea shipping route in the Mediterranean. Departure and arrival will be from the Port of Barcelona. At the end of the course, successful participants will receive a diploma. This course combines sailing on a SSS route, theoretical lectures, workshops, practical visits and a case study in groups.
- SURCO Operations I / SURCO Operations II / Port2Rail Iberia: SURCO courses take place in Barcelona and focus on the operations of intermodal rail operations. The course participants are offered either a brief introduction or a complete view of all of the logistics zones and the way that the terminals work in intermodal rail operations. Taking place in Barcelona, the SURCO courses have the advantage of having access to some of the most modern and contemporary terminals.
Port Visit Programs & Lectures
- Maritime Workshop: 1 hour maritime visit to the Port of Barcelona or an extended one (1.5 hours)
- Inland Workshop: Activities include - Visit to an intermodal terminal Can Tunis o Morrot / Visit to a containers terminal BEST o APM / Visit to a vehicles terminal Autoterminal o SETRAM / Visit to the ZAL - Zona de Actividades Logísticas Ver el mapa de las visitas.
- Lecture - The port: the primary modal interchange hub
- Lecture - Introduction to intermodal logistics
- Lecture - Logistics and environment: energy efficiency
- Lecture - The Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T)
Technical Courses in Port & Logistcs
- Temperature Controlled Supply Chains (4 days): The course cover the characteristics of the success of industries that depend on the cold chain. The contents are divided into workshops and lectures complemented by audiovisual material. During the workshops the participants will visit several port facilities, infrastructures and vessels.
- Groupage and Consolidation Centres (3 days): Through this course you will get to know how groupage works, and discover its actors, market segmentation and trends. Participants will learn how to hire and manage door-to-door groupage operations and visit service providers on the ground. During the workshops the participants will visit several port facilities, infrastructures, warehouses and NVOCC’s.
- Port Operations - Goods (5 days): Objective of this course is to provide training in port operations for goods, to show port operations and port facilities in detail and from a practical perspective, and to offer deep insight to types of terminals, cargo particularities and cargo inspections.
- Port Operations - Vessels (5 days): The objective of this course is to provide training in port operations for vessels, to show port operations and port facilities in detail and from a practical perspective, and to offer deep insight into maritime logistics, its actors and roles.
- Introduction to Intermodality: The course gives priority to practical training and is based on experiential learning. Terrestrial visits to specific parts of the port and on-board visits to a vessel are carried out.
- Maritime Trade and Logistics: The course on Maritime Trade and Logistics aims to provide training on intermodal transport and logistics.
- SURCO Introduction: The objectives of this course is to provide training in intermodal rail logistics for transport, logistics and international business professionals and students.
- e-Freight: The course combines theoretical lectures on e-Maritime operations and e-Freight workshops.
- Occupational Risk Prevention in Port Operations: The course provides training on the organization and management of occupational risk prevention (ORP) and corporate social responsibility issues in a commercial port.