Translate to Your Language
MOST & SURCO Training and Intermodal Logistics Programs
Established in 2006, Escola Europea de Short Sea Shipping is a European training center for education and training in Intermodal and logistics. Escola promots sustainable logistics in Europe through innovative courses. The courses, depending on their length and the contents, count towards the European Credit Transfer Systems (ECTS).
Escola training is centered around the Mediterranean, the Ports of Barcelona, Rome and Lazio, and Genoa. The courses on board of a Ro-Pax vessel on a crossing between two main ports in the Mediterranean along some of Europe’s main short sea shipping routes or on board of a train help the participants experience the operations firsthand.
Escola Europea de Short Sea Shipping partners with the ports and shipping lines and have access their facilities for the training. The courses are conducted January - June and September – December.
Intermodal Logistics Programs
- Logistics Port Workshop: In the workshops, participants get to know first-hand how port operations and facilities work in real life. In the lectures and debates, key issues in transport, logistics and international business are discussed.
- Introduction to Intermodality: The course gives priority to practical training and is based on experiential learning. Terrestrial visits to specific parts of the port and on-board visits to a vessel are arranged. The training is completed by lectures in a classroom environment.
- MOST (Motorways Of the Sea Training) Operations: This MOST course takes place on board of a Ro-Pax vessel on a three-day short sea shipping route in the Mediterranean. Departure and arrival will be from the Port of Barcelona. At the end of the course, successful participants will receive a diploma. This course combines sailing on a SSS route, theoretical lectures, workshops, practical visits and a case study in groups.
- MOST Management: This course takes an inquiry-based learning approach. It takes place on board of a Ro-Pax vessel on the crossing between Barcelona and Civitavecchia. During the trip, students will attend lectures, workshops and work on a case study in groups.
- SURCO (Simple Use Railway Connections) Introduction: The course is taught through practical workshops and lectured classes using audiovisual materials as teaching aids. The training is based on railway transport logistics & intermodal logistics.
- SURCO Operations: In this course participants gain a complete view of the logistics zones and the way terminals work. You will learn first-hand how operations are organised, managed and developed in such logistics infrastructure.
- SURCO Management: This course takes place on board of a train and participants get a complete view of rail terminals and ports, from a rail perspective. Faculty is composed of prestigious professionals from the sector, who explain first-hand how such logistics infrastructures are organised and managed.