USCG Approved and STCW 2010 Compliant Merchant Marine Training Programs and Captains Licensing in Tampa, Florida
Established in 2017 and located at Port Tampa FL, Gulf Coast Maritime Academy (GCMA) is a USCG Approved facility and offers a large range of courses for every aspect of the maritime industry. From entry level ordinary seaman to the most experienced unlimited Masters and Chief Engineers, GCMA specializes in premiere courses related directly to the current maritime training environment for the cruise, offshore, oil & gas, coastal shipping, Charter Boat, and yacht industries.
Gulf Coast Maritime Academy offers many levels of approved Merchant Mariner certifications, licenses, and credential application assistance for both individual students and vessel owner/operators. All courses offered via publicized schedule are approved by the United States Coast Guard (USCG). The training programs are designed to exceed IMO standards and are STCW 2010 Compliant.
All courses advertised are approved by the USCG National Maritime Center, pending approval, or in final development. Each one of the course is designed for maximum retention, student interaction, and bring a real world climate into the classroom. Courses that are pending approval will have projected dates of approval for ease in planning and scheduling the class. All classes that are pending approval are subject to change at any time.
Charter Captain’s License Packages (OUPV/6-PACK)
- OUPV/6-Pack Captain’s License Course (Tier 1 Charter Captain) - 56 Hours (7 Consecutive Days)
- OUPV/6-Pack Captain’s License Course with USCG Approved First Aid & CPR (Tier 2 Charter Captain) - 64 Hours (8 Days)
- OUPV/6-Pack Captain’s License Course, USCG Approved First Aid & CPR, And Assistance Towing (Tier 3 Charter Captain) - 68 Hours (8 1/2 Days)
- OUPV/6-Pack Captain’s License Course USCG Approved First Aid & CPR, Assistance Towing, and USCG Approved Drug Testing for One Year (Tier 4 Charter Captain) - 68 Hours (8 1/2 Days)
Masters License Packages
- Combined OUPV and Master Upgrade 100 Ton Course (Tier 1 Masters Upgrade) - 80 Hours (10 Days)
- Combined OUPV and Master Upgrade 100 Ton Course with USCG Approved First Aid & CPR (Tier 2 Masters Upgrade) - 88 Hours (11 Days)
- Combined OUPV and Master Upgrade 100 Ton Course, USCG Approved First Aid & CPR, with Assistance Towing (Tier 3 Masters Upgrade) - 89 Hours (12 Days)
- Combined OUPV and Master Upgrade 100 Ton Course, USCG Approved First Aid & CPR, Assistance Towing, and USCG Approved Drug Testing for One Year (Tier 4 Masters Upgrade) - 89 Hours (12 Days)
USCG Approved Courses
- Able Seaman (Any Rating): 40 Hours (5 Days)
- Advanced Fire Fighting: 32 Hours (4 Days)
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher: 12 Hours (1.5 Days)
- Advanced Fire Fighting Revalidation: 8 Hours (1 Day)
- Assistance Towing: 4 Hours
- National Tankerman Fire Fighting: 16 Hours (2 Days)
- STCW Basic Training: 40 Hours (5 Days)
- STCW Basic Training Refresher: 24 Hour (3 Days)
- STCW Basic Training Revalidation: 8 Hour (1 Day)
- Radar Observer (Unlimited): 36 Hours (4.5 Days)
- Radar Observer Recertification: 6 Hours
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV): 56 Hours (7 Days)
- Upgrade Master 100 GRT to Master 200 GRT: 28 Hours (3.5 Days)
- Upgrade OUPV to Master 100 GRT Near Coastal: 24 Hours (3 Days)
- Basics of Boating (Boating 101) (6 Hours): This course is designed to help new boaters to the water by introducing them to the navigation rules, basic navigation, local regulations, basic seamanship, and key do’s and don’ts of boating.
- Introduction to Boating Radar (4 Hours): This course is for boaters with radar who wish to understand how to read their radar display, operate the radar, and adjust their radar as they need. This 4-hour class is simulator driven to give everyone the best hands-on use of a radar system for any vessel.
Live Online Classes
- Radar Observer