USCG Approved and STCW Compliant Marine Training Courses in Tampa, Florida
Located in Tampa Fl, Marine Towing Maritime Training Center is a leader in U.S. Coast Guard Approved Courses and STCW Training. They also offer free guidance on how to navigate the turbulent waters of submitting your application to obtain an original USCG Credential (MMD) or an endorsement to your Credential.
The classes are taught by the industry’s knowledgeable professionals that typically have 15 or more years of real-world experience working as Masters in the marine industry. To ensure instructors have ample time to stay informed about trends and best-practices in their field, Maritime Training Center design the class schedules so that the instructors have ample time for preparation for the success rate of students.
Also the student experience is critically important to the long term success of the Maritime Training Center. As a result, they measure student’s satisfaction with instructor’s performance in every class offered by MTC.
USCG / STCW Courses
- 6 Pack Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV): Successful completion of this course and presenting your Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training, will satisfy the written examination requirements of 46 CFR 12.405(a).
- Able Seaman (5 days): An able seaman (AB) is a naval rating of the deck department of a merchant ship with more than two years' experience at sea and considered well acquainted with his duty. An AB may work as a watchstander, a day worker, or a combination of these roles.
- Apprentice Mate (Steersman) Upgrade (2 days): Any applicant successfully completing the Apprentice Mate (Steersman) Upgrade course and presenting your Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training, will satisfy the examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.466 for original issuance or 46 CFR 10. 227(e)(iii) for renewal of an endorsement.
- CPR / First Aid: The American Red Cross certified CPR, First Aid, AED class satisfies the U.S. Coast Guard / Homeland Security requirement for CPR, First Aid, AED. This class also satisfies DOT, as well as most workplace requirements.
- Upgrade OUPV To Master 100 Tons: Any applicant who has successfully completed your Upgrade Master 100 Tons to Master 200 Tons (Near Coastal) (MarTow-526) course and presents your Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training, will satisfy the examination requirements for upgrade of a merchant mariner endorsement.
- Vessle Security Oﬃcer (VSO) (2 days): This course meets the requirements of the STCW Code Chapter VI, Section A-VI/5. A candidate successfully completing this course should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities of a designated Vessel Security Officer.
- Bridge Resource Management
- Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Radar Observer Unlimited
- Radar Observer Recertification