USCG Approved and STCW Compliant Marine Training Courses in Tampa, Florida
Located in Tampa FL, Marine Towing Maritime Training Center is a leader in U.S. Coast Guard Approved Courses and STCW Training. They also offer free guidance on how to navigate the turbulent waters of submitting your application to obtain an original USCG Credential (MMD) or an endorsement to your Credential.
The classes are taught by the industry’s knowledgeable professionals that typically have 15 or more years of real-world experience working as Masters in the marine industry. To ensure instructors have ample time to stay informed about trends and best-practices in their field, Maritime Training Center design the class schedules so that the instructors have ample time for preparation for the success rate of students.
Also the student experience is critically important to the long term success of the Maritime Training Center. As a result, they measure student’s satisfaction with instructor’s performance in every class offered by MTC.
USCG & STCW Approved Courses
- Able Seaman (Any Rating) (5 days): This course satisfies the written exam requirements for Able Seaman Any rating, and the written exam requirements for Lifeboat Limited.
- Able Seaman (Any Rating) with Lifeboatman-Limited Practical Assessments (5 days): his course satisfies the written exam requirements for any rating of Abe Seaman AND the written and practical assessment requirements for Lifeboat Limited.
- PSC/Lifeboatman - Limited Practical Assessments: This is the completion of NVIC 04-14 Lifeboat Limited practical assessments.
- (6-Pack) Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV): This is the 7-day 56-hour course to receive your 6-pack captain’s license. Also run a 56 hour / 12-night course for your convenience.
- Upgrade OUPV To Master 100 Tons (3 days): Completion of this course will satisfy all written requirements for upgrading from OUPV to Master upon Near Coastal, Great Lakes, or Inland waters.
- Upgrade Master 100 Tons to Master 200 Tons (5 days): This course satisfies all written examination requirements for a Merchant Mariner who qualifies for Master 200 ton Near Coastal, Great Lakes or Inland Waters.
- Apprentice Mate (Steersman) Upgrade: This is our 2 day / 16-hour course for a mariner wishing to upgrade to a Mate (pilot) of towing vessels.
- Apprentice Mate Program: This is the 17-day Apprentice Mate Program for those Mariners who qualify.
- CPR/First Aid: This course is taught using the American Red Cross standards. It satisfies the U.S. Coast guard requirements as well as DOT and most workplace requirements. This course is also consistent with OSHA’s best practices for first aid, and CPR.
- Vessel Security Officer (VSO) (2 days): It satisfies all the written examination requirements for getting your STCW endorsement as Vessel Security Officer.
- STCW Basic Training: This is the 5 day / 40-hour Basic Training Course. This is a combined course that satisfies all requirements for Basic Training.
- STCW Basic Training Revalidation (12 hours): This course satisfies the requirements of Basic Training Revalidation for those mariners who hold STCW Basic Training AND have 360 days of documented sea time in the last 3 years.
- Basic Firefighting (2 days)
- Personal Survival Techniques (1.5 days)
- Elementary First Aid (1 day)
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (0.5 day)
USCG & STCW Approved Online Courses
- Able Seaman Online Class (Any Rating)
- Online 6-pack Captains Course
- 100-ton Masters Online Course
- 200-ton Master/Mate Online Course
- Apprentice Mate (Steersman) Online Course
- Apprentice Mate Program Online Course
- Vessel Security Officer (VSO) Online Course